Behringer Europort EPA900
Looks like Behringer has their own clone of the Fender Passport series of portable public address (PA) systems. The only difference is that this portable PA system by Behringer provides one helluva walloping 450 watts per channel, as can be seen in the screen capture below. I wonder, will anyone need this much power in a small system and will the 10″ woofer and 1.35″ horn be able to take all this wattage? Apparently, yes. And as a bonus, it comes with a microphone and cable and has an 8-channel mixer to boot!
The specifications of this system are not too shabby either, according to their website
- Ultra-compact 900-Watt, 8-channel portable PA system
- Enormous power, incredible sonic performance, and super-light weight means no more lugging around dead weight
- Extremely powerful 10” woofers and 1.35” aluminum-diaphragm compression drivers for incredible sound reproduction
- Studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies for easy feedback removal
- 8-channel mixer section comprises 4 mono and 2 stereo channels plus separate CD inputs
- 4 high-quality mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Effective, extremely musical 2-band EQ, switchable Pad and Clip LEDs on all mono channels
- Stereo 7-band graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of main outputs
- Voice Canceller function removes singer’s voice from recordings for karaoke applications
- Dedicated mono output with integrated low-pass filter for subwoofer application
- Stereo Aux inputs for external devices such as sub mixers, etc.
- Comes with a BEHRINGER XM1800S microphone, a mic clip and a 20′ cable
- Integrated storage compartment for microphones, cables, and accessories
- “Planet Earth” switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy savings
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
It costs about US$679 from Amazon but will the extra power mean that it is better? True, it has lots of bells and whistles but that extra power means a more powerful amplifier and thus, a heavier package. I do not know about the rest of you but I will pass on this.