Home > etcetera > Burnt power adapter on SingTel modem a fire hazard

Burnt power adapter on SingTel modem a fire hazard


My friend had the shock of her life yesterday. The power adapter powering her SingTel ADSL modem had obviously short-circuited and melted the plastic around it. You can see it in the photo above. If they were not home, this could have been a fire hazard and their home could have burnt down. And get this. When they tried to contact SingTel to tell them about this, SingTel wanted to charge her $248 for the modem as her contract is over. Never mind if the house could have burnt down…never mind if they lose their homes. Apparently, all they care about is the money.

Now do you see why I have never contracted with SingTel? Bloody bunch of unethical buggers

Advertisements
Categories: etcetera Tags: , , ,
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: